Get ready for the easiest freaking meal of your life, Paleo (ish) Italian Shakshouka! Shakshouka is a dish that originates from Mediterranean and Middle Eastern regions. It’s basically eggs poached in some type of tomato sauce. AKA delicious, easy, and filling both emotionally and physically!
- 1 jar of Pasta Jay’s Tomato Basil Sauce
- 5 Eggs
- 1 lb Lentil Pasta (or 4 cups Zucchini Noodles)
- Fresh Basil
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Pour Pasta Jay's Tomato Basil Sauce into pan or cast iron
- Once the tomato sauce is bubbling, crack the eggs in and cover
- Turn the heat to low and cook for around 5 minutes, or until eggs area at desired consistency. We recommend waiting until the top has just turned white and yolk is still runny.
- Once this occurs, turn off the heat, top with basil, and enjoy with pasta!
Recipe and image by Holistic Rendezvous