Savory meatloaf smothered in sweet and tangy BBQ sauce.
PREP — 10 Minutes
COOK — 1 Hour 10 Minutes Minutes
TOTAL — 1 Hour 20 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons Schultz's Seasoning and Rub
- 1 cup Schultz's Original BBQ Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. In large bowl, gently crumble ground beef then add all remaining meatloaf ingredients.
3. Using your fingers gently combine all ingredients and meat being careful not to overly squish or press the meat (this makes the meatloaf dense).
4. Pour 1/4 cup of Schultz's Original BBQ sauce in the bottom of a bread pan, or enough to evenly coat the bottom.
5. Add meatloaf to the bread pan and gently press into a solid loaf shape, pressing only hard enough for the meat to hold together.
6. Pour remaining 3/4 cup Schultz's Original BBQ sauce evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
7. Place in the oven for 70 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
8. Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes and serve.