With contrasting flavors, this sandwich makes the mouth sing!
PREP: 5 Min. | COOK: 20-30 Min. | TOTAL: 25-35 Minutes.
- 3 tbsp Schultz's Gourmet Sweet Heat Cooking Sauce
- Dijon Mustard, or Tangy Mustard BBQ Sauce
- 8 slices of country bread (or sourdough)
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 strips of bacon
- 1 granny smith or honey crisp apple, sliced thin
HOW TO MAKE
STEP 1: Cook bacon on stove top in a skillet.
STEP 2: Add 3 tbsp of Sweet Heat Cooking Sauce to coat bacon toward the last few minutes of cooking. If cooking bacon in an oven instead, baste on sauce with a brush.
STEP 3: Spread dijon mustard or Schultz's Tangy Mustard Sauce on 4 slices of bread.
STEP 4: Top each piece of bread with 2 slices of cheese, 2 slices of bacon and slices of apple. Top with the other slices of bread.
STEP 5: Butter the sandwiches, then cook in a skillet (you can use the same one you cooked the bacon in, just drain the grease first) over medium-low heat until the cheese melts and the bread is golden, about 3 minutes per side.