Perfectly seasoned tofu for the grill.
PREP — 12 Minutes
COOK — 8 Minutes
TOTAL — 20 Minutes
14 ounces firm tofu
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tsp Schultz's Seasoning and Rub
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, lightly roasted
- 1 cup semi-ripe mango, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
1. Drain and rinse tofu; place on a plate and pat dry with a clean paper towel. Cut tofu block into four equal pieces; set aside on plate.
2. Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt with chili powder and Schultz's Seasoning & Rub in a small bowl; mix well. Gently rub this mixture on both sides of tofu pieces.
3. For relish, whisk 2 tablespoons oil with lime juice and 1 teaspoon salt in a medium-sized bowl. Add corn, mango, red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro. Toss, and set aside.
4. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Oil racks with remaining oil. Place tofu pieces on rack, and cook, with grill lid down, for 2 minutes. Rotate 90 degrees, and cook with lid down, for another 2 minutes. Turn pieces over, and cook the other side the same way for 4 minutes.
5. Carefully remove the tofu pieces from the grill, and place on four serving plates. Divide the relish into four equal parts, serve over tofu and enjoy.