Sweet and tangy oven-baked baby back ribs.
PREP — 30 Minutes
COOK — 3 Hours 30 Minutes
TOTAL — 4 Hours
- 1/4 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 (2 1/2 to 3-lb.) slabs bone-in baby back pork ribs
- 1/2 cup Schultz's Tangy Mustard BBQ Sauce, divided
- 1 bottle Schultz's Spicy Mesquite BBQ Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 275°F, and place oven rack in middle of oven. Combine brown sugar, chili powder, salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, dry mustard, and black pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
2. Prepare the Ribs: Remove the thin outer membrane on back of ribs by loosening with a butter knife and pulling it off; discard. Brush each side of both slabs evenly with Schultz's Tangy Mustard BBQ sauce; sprinkle liberally with spice mixture, patting gently to adhere. Wrap each slab individually in aluminum foil (or chill uncovered up to 12 hours).
3. Place wrapped ribs on a wire rack set on a sheet tray lined with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven until tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours. (Check for doneness by removing ribs from oven, unwrapping foil, and picking up 1 end with tongs. The ribs are ready when they bend and meat on top is tender and easily pulls apart.
4. Unwrap ribs; discard foil and drippings. Place directly on wire rack, and spread 1/2 cup of the Schultz's Spicy Mesquite BBQ Sauce on top of each slab. Return to oven, and cook at 275°F for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!