There's ordinary chips & dip, and then there's this.
PREP — 10 Minutes
COOK — 10-15 Minutes
TOTAL — 20-25 Minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion, divided
- 2 tablespoons seeded minced jalapeno
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Schultz's Seasoning & Rub
- 2-3 tablespoons Schultz's Green Chili Lime Cooking Sauce
- 2/3 cup unsalted beef stock
- 2 cooked ground beef patties, finely crumbled
- 1 cup drained unsalted canned pinto beans
- 2 ounces pre-shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 ounces pre-shredded 2% reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped avocado
- Tortilla chips
1. Preheat broiler with oven rack in upper middle position
2. Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high. Add 1/2 cup onion and jalapeño to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add flour, cumin, chili powder and Schultz's Seasoning & Rub; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in crumbled beef patties, beans, and Schultz's Green Chili Lime; cook 2 minutes. Stir in mozzarella; cook 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Remove pan from heat.
3. Sprinkle Mexican-blend cheese over pan; broil 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup red onion, tomato, and avocado over pan. Serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe Inspired by CookingLight.