This ribs recipe is smoky, delicious and goes great with any of our 4 barbecue sauces. Our personal favorite is smoking the ribs using our Spicy Mesquite Barbecue Sauce. Start off by adding your wood chips to your charcoal grill or smoker if you have one. Add your ribs, letting them slowly cook for the next couple of hours before finally brushing on the Spicy Mesquite sauce. Return the ribs to the smoker until the bbq sauce caramelizes around the meat and you're finished!
PREP — 1.5 Hours
COOK — 2 Hours
TOTAL — 3.5 Hours
• 8 lbs Pork loin baby back ribs
• 5-10 tbsp. of Schultz’s Gourmet Premium Seasoning & Rub
• 12 oz. Schultz’s Sweet Hickory, Spicy Mesquite, Original or Tangy Mustard BBQ Sauce
• Apple wood chips
• Hickory wood chips
1. Soak wood chips for at least an hour before using.
2. Let the ribs come up to room temperature, rinse off in cold water and remove the silver membrane from the back.
3. Season ribs with Schultz’s Gourmet Premium Seasoning & Rub over the entire surface of the ribs.
4. Use your smoker or follow these directions for your Weber Grill: in the grill, make two small piles of briquettes on opposite side of the grill. Once charcoals have thin layer white ash on them, add your wood chips.
5. After the wood is smoking, place ribs in between charcoal piles on cooking grate.
6. Smoking temperature should be about 225°F.
7. After smoking for 2 hrs. brush Schultz's Spicy Mesquite BBQ Sauce onto the ribs and continue smoking for another 30 minutes.
8. Remove the ribs from the smoker or grill, cover and let sit for 1 to 2 minutes before digging in. Enjoy!