Our instructions for a southern classic. You may have had a classic shrimp and grits recipe in the past. We've taken that and given it our own Schultz's spin to make it easier—and you guessed it—tastier.
PREP — 5 Minutes
COOK — 28 Minutes
TOTAL — 33 Minutes
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 1 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Schultz's Gourmet Spicy Original Cooking Sauce
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined Shrimp
- 1 cup Grits
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Oil or Butter
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
1. Bring milk, water and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat slightly, then slowly add grits to the liquid, whisking the whole time. Continue to whisk for a minute until no clumps remain. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring well every 2-3 minutes.
2. When finished cooking, remove from heat and stir in butter and cheddar cheese until well incorporated. Cover and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil to medium - medium high. Add shrimp and sauté 2-3 minutes, or until they start to turn pink. Add garlic, stir well, then add Schultz's Spicy Original Cooking Hot Sauce. Stir well, then continue to cook 3-5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Plate grits in a shallow bowl, top with shrimp and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!