A rich, oozy, easy pasta dinner. Pasta Jay's and Schultz's Gourmet have teamed up to bring you a bake-able pasta dinner the whole family will love!
PREP — 20 Minutes
COOK — 1 Hour 20 Minutes
TOTAL — 1 Hour 40 Minutes
- 1 Medium Butternut Squash
- 2-3 tbsp Schultz's Gourmet Cooking Sauce
- 2 tsps Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt, plus more to taste
- 12oz. Jumbo Shell Pasta
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 tsps Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tsp Oregano
- Pasta Jays Creamy Tomato Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 400° and line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
2. Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds. Place the squash onto the prepared sheet tray and season the flesh with olive oil and salt. Turn them so that they're cut-side down and roast until tender, about 35-40 minutes. Let cool for 7 to 10 minutes, then scoop the flesh into a medium bowl and set aside (if you want to make this in advance, it can be stored for up to 2 days). Lower the oven to 375°.
3. While the squash is roasting, boil the pasta. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the jumbo shells to the water and cook for 9 minutes. Drain the pasta and rinse under cold running water for 1 minute.
4. In a large bowl, lightly beat the egg and combine the ricotta, 3/4 cup of the Parmesan, garlic, Schultz's Cooking Sauce, lemon juice and zest, oregano and cooled roasted squash. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt. Fill each cooked pasta shell with 1 1/2 tablespoons of filling and snuggle the shells into a 9"x13" baking dish.
5. Cover the top with Pasta Jays Creamy Tomato Sauce, letting it spill down into the shells, and underneath. Top with remaining Parmesan and bake until golden brown and bubbling. Enjoy!